Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Science in Sport for Your Tummy

"Disclaimer: I received SiS isotonic gels to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!"



What's up everybody? It's Ben and I'm back to talk about race nutrition.

'But Ben, I'll just use what they have on the course and be fine.'

Um, no you will not! First off your body needs to be used to what it's taking in or you could wind up on the side of the course throwing up or with stomach cramps. One marathon I almost choked on a gel, it's not a pleasant experience. In 8 years of running I have tried, beans, chews, gels and all sorts of other nutrition but Science in Sport have done something different. They are the first gels I have used that can be taken without water.

So how exactly can you do that, you ask? The gels are Isotonic. Don't worry I had to look it up too. What this means is they are the same consistency as what's floating around in your body so you can adsorb it quickly. When you're active you burn carbs, right? SiS Isotonic gels are the same consistency which helps your body take them in quicker and is also the reason you don't need water with them.


I've been using them for about a month now and so far have enjoyed the flavor, except the espresso, it has a good coffee taste at first then gets a weird sweet taste. The lemon and mint is by far the best one I've had so far. Salted Strawberry is a close second, then the apple. I'm not a huge apple flavored fan so that's why it's third for me.

On my long runs I will use a SiS before I start and take another around 6.5 or 7 miles, which is just shy of an hour. If needed I will take another around mile 13. It's been super hot on my runs so I have been drinking water during my runs but when I use these gels I don't feel like I have to. They are that super easy to take.

I'm not sure what else I can say so you want to read some other reviews just look below. As always follow me on Twitter and Insta @bwachter70, and check me out on YouTube and IGTV Run Bigfoot Run.

Thanks for reading and if you want to try Science in Sport (even though they are partnered with Man U) use code TRYSIS25 for 25% off your order. The code is for a limited time.

Lace up and get out,

Ben






4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I liked the double espresso flavor! Maybe it was just the caffeine boost from it that I liked so much and associated with the taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was big on the Strawberry until I tried the Lemon and Mint. Something about it just made me happy. I do like coffee but I need cream in it.

      Delete
  2. I like the double espresso too but maybe it's bc I'm not a coffee drinker so I didn't really have anything to compare it too. Cool review!

    ReplyDelete