Thursday, December 14, 2017

Last 5k and The Big Announcement!

So this weekend was huge! Not only was it my first and last 5k of the year, but I also had 2 reveals I made over on Twitter and Instagram Sunday and Monday.
 First the race. This was the local Toys for Tots 5k which I have ran for the last 5 or 6 years so it's my streak race. Over 600 people came out and filled a van several times with toys for the Marines to give out as part of Toys for Tots. Since the entry was a toy there were no shirts or medals but the directors do give out ribbons for age group awards. The course is a lollipop out and back with a hill coming back around mile 3. This is also a goal race for several local Girls on the Run groups so there were plenty of reasons to stay after and cheer.
 It was a 5k so I don't have a lot of details but I finished 2nd in age group and beat my course PR by about a minute, so I finished the year strong. I plan on having a year in review after Christmas and talk about some goals I will carry over to 2018.

The other bit of news that I already posted on Instagram and Twitter is that I was accepted as a Bib Rave Pro and a Nuun Ambassador. I consider this a huge privilege and look forward to sharing the experience with everyone.
 As another bonus I will have a page for race discounts up this week and sharing product discounts with everyone as well.


Until next time, keep the laces tight

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment