Tuesday, March 12, 2019

It's Go Time, a Tobacco Road Marathon update.



  • Disclaimer: I received free entry to Tobacco Road race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"

What I'm wearing

What's up everybody? Just a quick one today about what I'm wearing for Tobacco Road on the 17th of March. Normally I wouldn't bother, maybe just a flat Ben photo the night before, but I'm feeling really good about this race. I didn't hit all my training mileage, but what I've done has been quality and I'm feeling good.

So of course I will be in my Run Rabbit Singlet. It's my Bib Rave Uniform. Nice material, doesn't chafe and very comfortable, even when wet. For my arms I will have my Buff Arm Sleeves, and my Saucony gloves, but those will be race day determined. The weather looks super nice and if it warms up quick, I don't want to carry them with me, or toss them. If it was colder, I would wear my Turtle Glove Flip Mitts.

Shorts, I decided on my Janji 5" shorts. Lightweight, super comfy, and wick away moisture. I just wish they had pockets to carry gels or chews. But I will have a Flip Belt for that. I normally use a SPI Belt but my phone fills it up so there's not enough room.

I always race in Balega socks, so not much to talk about there, but shoes were a tough choice. I had been between my New Balance Beacon and Altra Solstice, but both have shortfalls. The Beacons gave me blood blisters during a rainy long run so I'm a little iffy on them, and the Solstice are very hard soled so I'm concerned about foot fatigue.
New Balance Beacon
Altra Soltice


Then I found the new Altra Kayenta. The lightness of the Altra Solstice with the cushion of the Altra Escalante. I wore them for my last long run and decided they were the shoe for me. Expecta full review on Run Bigfoot Run, both on IGTV and YouTube.

Altra Kayenta


That about covers the clothes portion. I will of course be wearing a Buff on my head and probably sunglasses. I still on the fence about wearing headphones, but we shall see.

Thanks for reading,

Ben

You can follow me on Twitter and Insta @bwachter70 and check out the IGTV and YouTube Channel Run Bigfoot Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment