Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Allow myself to introduce myself

Welcome to Run, Bigfoot, Run. My attempt to get my thoughts and experiences out about running and whatever else comes up. I thought this would be a good time to introduce me so you're not wondering who this random guy is.

 My name is Ben and I live in Central Virginia. I've been running going on six years now and have tried everything from a 5k up to 50k. Like others I thought running was stupid and pointless but after my first 5k I was hooked with improving and making myself better. The weight loss didn't hurt either.

 I decided on the name Run, Bigfoot, Run as I wear a size 14 shoe and always have a shaggy beard. It actually looks nice for once in the photo above. 

My favorite distance is the marathon even though I have ran more 5k's, but that's probably true of most runners after awhile. I enjoy the pace and seeing what's around when doing a marathon. This year I have 3 marathons, maybe 2 half's, and several 5k's so I will have a lot to talk about, but first up is entering the Marine Corps Marathon lottery and running the Monument Ave 10k. 

I figured entering the lottery and tracking my training if I get in would be a good series of blog posts so we shall see.

Until next time,

Ben

You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram @bwachter70

No comments:

Post a Comment