Monday, June 18, 2018

Blisters Suck!

Hey everyone and welcome back. As a Bib Rave Pro I am sent items to review and promote and this time we are looking at KT Tape Blister prevention. For more information on becoming a Bib Rave Pro and to read and write your own reviews go to Bib Rave.

 So like I was saying, I was selected among others to test and try out KT Tape Blister Prevention Tape and Blister Treatment Patches. This was a rather hard assignment as I was training for a half marathon and did not want to get, nor try to get a blister. Luckily some new shoes, decided otherwise and I gave both products a good run thorough their paces.

 I had started testing a new pair of shoes, more on those next month, when I started to get a rub on my Achilles tendon. Looking at the new shoes and what I usually wore, I could tell that the heel cam in and I was not used to it. I wear short socks so they didn't help a lot but provided minimal protection. I added the prevention strips on my heel and they helped relieve the rubbing. There is one problem, if you have sweaty feet like me, the strip will only last a day. Also being part Hobbit or Bigfoot, I would shave where you place them if needed. I regularly use KT Tape pro for my IT Band and shave my legs where i apply and it will stay on longer. The strips are about 3 inches long and maybe an inch wide and are more fabricery that other versions. They did the trick as my heel stopped hurting and once my shoes broke in they worked out well.
 Like I said earlier, I did not have any blisters so I couldn't test the blister treatment so I went ahead and placed one on my heel. It's hard to see it but it's there on my heel where i was rubbing a spot. From speaking with other Pros that had blister, the patches work well for keeping the wound dry and clean, and that's what you really want. They are about the thickness of a moleskin patch and are 3 inches long and an inch and half wide ovals so they will cover a good variety of blisters or other problems.

Well that about covers this review, I wish I had more time or ailments to explore and use the product on and if something comes up I will post an update video on it. If you want to try out KT Tape use the code BIBRAVE30 for 30% off your purchase at KT Tapes website. IF you want to see my Youtube review, go here, and to follow me on Twitter and Insta look me up bwachter70.

 As always lace up and get out!



Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment