Monday, June 25, 2018

I'm Melting!!! A Gatorade Endurance Review

"Disclaimer: I received Gatorade Endurance to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"

Hey everyone, I'm back to talk about Gatorade Endurance Formula Gel and Hydration Mix. I had a short test time with this one, but was able to get in several runs while testing and I have to say, I quite liked it.

I remember back in my misspent youth drinking Gatorade and the only choice we had was Lemon-Lime, and it was horrible. Well Gatorade has come a long way. They sent me a container of the new Watermelon Endurance formula and I have to say I really liked it. The powder was fine and fast dissolving, while having a light and good taste. It was perfect for the heat and humidity here in Central VA. You're looking at 90 calories per serving and 300mg of Sodium. There's also 140mg of potassium, 22g of carbs with 13g of sugars rounding us out. Sometimes when I'm running and it's hot out drinking something sugary will make me sick, but I never felt that with the Gatorade Endurance.
 2 scoops in a 16 oz bottle seems to do the trick for me. It's also good to mix up the night before in warm water and chill it in the fridge. I haven't tried freezing it into cubes but that will be an experiment for another day. There's also Lemon Lime, Orange, and Cherry.




 I have a love/hate relationship with gels. I've tried some where I like d the flavor and they upset my stomach and others tasted bad but gave me that boost I needed. The Gatorade Endurance Gel was a surprise. Usually you have gels that are very thick and need a lot of water to get down. The Endurance Gel was smooth, light and the first gel I felt I could take without drinking anything. It didn't bother me one bit. I felt like I could take multiples during a long race/training run and be fine. On my most recent long run, I followed their instructions and had one 10 minutes before and around an hour into my run, and didn't feel rundown or tired. Now I was sent the Mango flavor, and I'm not a mango fan, but it kind of grew on me so I could tolerate it. They also make a Blackberry, Vanilla, and Apple Pear if you want something different.

  The gel comes in at 80 calories with 90mg of sodium, and 35mg of potassium. Finishing up with 20g of carbs and 6g of sugars.

Looking at the website Gatorade offers a chew, and a Energy drink too.

For more information on Gatorade Endurance, click on the link.
You can follow me on Twitter or Insta.

Thanks for reading and as always,

Lace up and get out there!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment