Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Marathon training, 4 weeks out.

My hair is Awesome!
What's happening running friends? As a Bib Rave Pro, I am sometimes able to opt in to run events and promote and write about them. So in 4 weeks I will be running the Rock n Roll Marathon in D.C. If you want to run, use code RNRBRP2018 and get $15 off.

I started adding a long run to my weekly miles about 5 week ago, so I've had nine weeks to get ready. The usual training plan is 16 weeks but with an average weekly mileage of 25 miles or more I can be comfortable in ramping up on short notice. The funny part about running another marathon was I said earlier in 2017 that Richmond would be my last marathon after the scare I had in the Spring. Well, I lied. The lure of the marathon is too strong to resist and I'm at it again but better prepared.

Training is going well, even with the weather  we have been experiencing here in Virginia. I'm running with a group more and that has really helped me improve. We run at least twice a week on different 7 mile routes and practice 'first to last' so nobody gets left behind. One day a week I set aside for track work, which is usually based on 10k or half marathon pace, so we are going much faster than I plan for the marathon.

Saturday long runs are broken up with helping to coach a local 10k training team. Seeing first time runners out going further then they ever have before is rewarding and inspires me to do better.

That's enough for today, I will see everyone next week for 3 weeks out and look at the course and my plan of action.

Lace up and get out...


Ben









No comments:

Post a Comment